While Hubs and I are focusing on getting the most bang for our buck in our build, I thought I’d take a look at what’s on offer if the budget was unlimited – and came across the most expensive house in America that is currently on the market.
Introducing Gemini – the $195 million tropical compound. Yes, you heard that correctly. $195 million compound.
The estate listing calls it a 15.65 acre crown jewel tropical compound, and a once in a lifetime offering of one of the world’s truly great and rare estates.
So what does $195 million get you?
- 1 x large, elegant yet invitingly formal coral-clad 12-bedroom main residence, comprising large wings on both the ocean and Intracoastal sides, joined by a unique and irreproducible 15 foot wide residential gallery
- 1 x 7-bed, 7.5-bathroom guest house
- 2 x 4-bed guest cottages
- 1 x manager’s office with work spaces and garages
- There’s also a bird sanctuary, a botanical garden, and a butterfly garden
- If you’re into sport, the sports complex features a regulation tennis court, half basketball court, Robinson Crusoe-style tree house and playground, miniature golf course and large-scale model train
- For the boaties, there’s a private beach and a pier, too.
Sounds like…. a lot of maintenance. But I suppose, if you can afford the price tag, you can afford a couple of cleaners and groundkeepers!
It looks like it’s been on the market for at least a year, so who knows what it will actually sell for, and if it will actually sell. Let’s just hope it’s built to withstand the weather, with Hurricane Matthew bearing down in the next few days. My thoughts are with all those in the path of Matthew – some of my favourite cities in the world are going to be effected and I can only pray that they come out with minimal damage. I’m keeping a close eye on the weather reports and hoping for a miracle.