I love bliss balls and have tried many different recipes over the years. There really are so many different combinations out there, you could try a different one every week! I like to go for recipes that are simple, and have little sugar in them. Often a base ingredient is desiccated coconut, and I don’t like to eat too many when that’s the case. I came across this super simple 4 ingredient recipe on Kayla Itsines and found it to be quick, easy and tasty!
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 100g raw almonds
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp water, if needed
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the dates and almonds in a food processor and process until well combined.
- Add the peanut butter and cacao and blend again until a dough begins to form. If the mix looks and feels a bit dry add a little water. The mix should feel a little sticky.
- Using your hands, roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into snack sized balls.
- Place the balls on the prepared tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store the Peanut Butter Bliss Balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How quick and simple is that! I found that the mix made me about 12 balls. I didn’t need to use any water, and this was probably the first bliss ball mix that really did hold together well on its own without the need for extra water! The taste is a perfect peanutty blend with a touch of chocolate. Enjoy!