I’m a big fan of simple, good treats and one of my favourite sites that delivers on this is Wholefood Simply. They have a great range of easy to make treats that usually, only have a few ingredients! I came across their Mix and Make Coconut Chocolate treats the other day and they sounded simple and very tasty so I just had to whip up a batch. The recipe doesn’t make a lot, but I found them to be quite rich and actually only had half of one at a time. Hubby on the other hand was a HUGE fan of these and I had to take them away from him after he helped himself to 3 in one go (that was almost 1/4 of what I made!!). It’s all good though, I’m happy that I’ve found a yummy chocolate treat that we both enjoy that is so much better for us than a chocolate bar! I will definitely be making these again, particularly if it helps us avoid the confectionery aisle at the supermarket each week!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Add the coconut to a small to medium sized bowl and stir until it is smooth.
- Add the cacao or cocoa and mix to combine.
- Add the maple syrup and mix to combine.
- Add the coconut and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture into the holes of a small silicon mould and place in the freezer to set.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy.
*I didn’t have a silicon mould, so just used an ice cube tray!! While mine don’t look as cute as the originals, they still tasted good!